
I won a radio giveaway today! I know! Completely hilarious - the local adult contemporary station does a "My 5 at 5" thing (the station is 104.3MYfm) where listeners can submit their favorite/top 5 songs & if yours is chosen you win! Well, I happened to be listening at home the other day at that time, figured I could come up with 5 songs, logged on & submitted. I had heard a fav song of mine recently - Life in a Northern Town by Dream Academy and figured I might be able to find other 'directional' songs to submit for a theme. My final list also included West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys, Wild Wild West by Escape Club, Morning Train by Sheena Easton (I know I cheated a little), and Paint the Silence by South (again cheating, I know!). Well, the station substituted Rag Doll by Aerosmith for my south choice but I'm totally okay with that because I love Aerosmith! And the kicker is I got two tickets to the Melisssa Etheridge concert on Friday at the Greek Theater in LA, plus admittance to the private patio pre-party! Don't know who I'm taking yet, I'm not a huge Melissa Etheridge fan but it's a free concert - heck yeah! I love totally random!
2 comments:
I won a radio contest too once! Twice actually, just different days. It was on a station here that used to play nothing but 80's new wave. I called in one day for the contest, had the right answer and got tickets to a Counting Crows concert. Then two days later, I knew the answer again, so I had my co-worker call, gave her the answer and she won! 4 tickets total! Isn't it fun winning?!?!?! (This is Rob, by the way! Michelle never wins anything.)
You go girl! I hope you enjoyed the concert!
Post a Comment