Monday, September 15, 2008

Life Side

Thought I should also post about that life side of my life. So last Tuesday was the stage management summer soiree. It was held at a park down the road from the Resort. Holly did an amazing job putting it all together. Good food, fun games, and just a chance to be together in a relaxed, social atmosphere.

On Thursday, I went to the parking lot of the Fox Theater in Fullerton to see Back to the Future. They project it onto the side of the theater as a fund raiser to help restore the Fox Theater. Also, as it was Sept. 11th, they held a special flag raising ceremony in conjunction with a National Guard unit and the city's fire department. It was really quite well done. Holly, Chris, Sandy, Scott, and I enjoyed candy & beverages under the stars watching a classic (well, a new classic). Amazingly (or not) a group of youth next to us had never seen it. It was really strange hearing people laugh for the first time at the movie. Overall, good fun - and they're showing Ghostbusters in Oct - you bet I'll be there!

Friday was a busy one for me. First after work was Concert Under the Stars at Cal State Fullerton. My friends Adam Saucedo & Alyssa Marie Webb were both performing and I was super excited to support them. Ironically, the show was a tribute to Walt Disney's contribution to popular music. So Sandy, Chris, Sarah and I (all Disney folk) spent the evening listening to Disney songs. Adam & Alyssa Marie were fantastic - even if they didn't have as many solos as I'd have liked. Next up was a birthday celebration for Annalisa at the St. Regis Resort in Dana Point. We dropped Sarah off and headed south to join Annalisa and company. We spent the next 2 hours talking, laughing, and having a hoot.

Saturday was spent around the bathroom as I was recovering from a bout of food poisoning (I started not feeling well on the way to Dana Point). It was not pleasant. All plans went out the window - including work. But thankfully, it passed and by Sunday I was my jovial self again.

Sunday was nice - I attended church with Ashna & Preston followed by a late lunch at their home. They were so gracious to let me share their Sunday. Preston made a great pasta which we ate while watching Nim's Island - a cute movie I thoroughly enjoyed. After the movie I headed down to Karen & the boys. I picked up some dinner on the way and got to spend some time with the family. I also helped Karen baby proof the back door to the garage that Shane recently learned how to open. Then while Karen went to get dessert at Golden Spoon, Brandon played while Shane (who wasn't feeling well) and I watched Caillou, the holiday movie. I am a total Caillou convert - I can't wait to have kids so they can watch it. I wanted to finish watching the movie.

And tonight Chris & Sandy are coming over for dinner & a movie. The movie is still up for a decision - currently I think our choices are The Great Race, Xanadu, or something else entirely. It'll be nice to hang out just the three of us, we haven't gotten to in a while.

So there it is... the life side ;-)

1 comment:

Joanne, Duane said...

Yo Shan!! It was great to hear about all of your adventures and activities. I think that it is very interesting that you are hanging out at the Fox Fullerton just like I did approximately 50 years ago. That is where we (the boys) always went to see movies (when we weren't going to the "drive in") that is. I don't know if you have ever been on the inside, but if you haven't just wait till you see what it looks (or maybe I should say will look like) when it's completely done.
It sounds like you are having a great time in your Disney program (training). "KNOCK 'EM DEAD" You are the greatest (maybe I'm a little prejudice) We love you, Mom & Dad.