I got word today that pending an unforeseen breakup, my current roommate will be moving in with her boyfriend when our lease is up May 1, 2010. That means it's moving time for me again this coming April. Which is about on par for my time at an apartment (apx 3 years). However, this is the first time in a very long time that I currently don't have a plan - no planned new roommate, no new apartment in mind, nothing. Granted it's still many months away but with the holidays fast approaching, meaning lots of work & little personal time, moving day will be upon me sooner than I realize or anticipate.
In many ways, I hate moving - the sorting, the packing, the schlepping, the unpacking, the sorting. I am such a pack rat that it takes me months to get everything together & ready to go. However, it is also a time for clearing out - getting rid of all the crap that I don't use/need/want anymore. It is a fresh start in a new place with new challenges and new memories. That's what I have to keep telling myself - because in reality, change scares the living pieces out of me & stresses me out to no end. Eventually I get over myself and embrace it but getting to that point takes a lot out of me. I've got lots of time to begin to adjust - in fact, I think I will try to start packing at the first of the new year; all the stuff that just sits around looking pretty can be boxed & ready to go. I can sort through the clothes I don't wear & give them to Good Will.
Now I just need to find a roommate & an apartment willing to take me, my bad credit, and my washer & dryer. No worries - easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment