Feb 20 – Feb 26, 2011
This week went by so quickly and yet it took forever. It was just one of those weeks. On Sunday, I spent time with my parents looking for a sofa to purchase. Since I received a nice tax refund, I decided to buy my very first, brand new sofa. I did find a nice one but it was out of my price range so as much as it pained me to walk away, I did just that – walk away. After test sitting in many sofas and not purchasing one, we went to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I find the burgers better than In-and-Out but prefer In-and-Out fries. Five Guys also carries caffeine free Diet Coke so I can actually enjoy a cola beverage.
This week at work I was “trained” on the Entertainment 1 position, AM and PM. As I’d been previous trained on Entertainment 2, it was more a refresh and introduction to the Disneyland side (as opposed to Disney California Adventure). I very much enjoy the position when things go well – I get out and visit all the various entertainment venues and cast, especially those I don’t get to see very often. At work, I was also assigned to a couple upcoming projects and events. It’s going to be a busy spring!
The Osgan family and I were supposed to spend an evening at elecTRONica on Friday but the rain postponed the adventure. The boys haven’t gotten to really play at elecTRONica so we promised them an evening of just TRON – alas, it will have to wait for another night. Thankfully the event has been extended through Labor Day so we’ll have plenty of other nights from which to choose. I can’t believe how much rain we’ve had recently. It’s like Southern California is actually experiencing a true winter season, cold and all! Yesterday’s high temperature was 50 degrees – that’s cold for us! Brrrr!
My new computer was also delivered this week. For my birthday I’d decided to indulge and
purchase a new Dell desktop. I thought about waiting for a Mac but I just didn’t want to wait that long and I’m just fine with a new PC. I’m currently learning all about Windows 7 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 – in fact yesterday I figured out how to eliminate blemishes from my photos – happy day! I’m all about “airbrushing” if it helps me look better!
A guy also came back into my life this week. I spent every night with him this week. Harry Potter, boy wizard. In preparation for the final movie installment this summer, I decided to begin at the beginning; I picked up the first book and began re-reading his adventures. I completed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone last night. Year 2 begins today.
No comments:
Post a Comment